B3 Benchmarking Newsletter
In this newsletter:
- Updated Security Requirements
- New B3 Benchmarking Log In Process
- Managing B3 User Account
- Upcoming Webinars
Tired of resetting your password?
Great News... this weekend we are enhancing B3 Benchmarking security protocols. Going forward, B3 Benchmarking passwords will no longer expire every 3 months.
Updated Security Requirements
New password requirements are as follows:
- Minimum Length of 8 characters
- Removed most complexity requirements (e.g. contain special characters, numbers, upper/lowercase)
- Cannot contain any portion of user’s email (e.g. Support)
- Cannot contain application name (e.g. benchmarking)
- Cannot be a sequence (e.g. 123456789 or abcdefgh)
- Cannot be on list of 10,000 most common passwords (e.g. Password)
- Validation against known breached password list
New B3 Benchmarking Log In Process
Below are screenshots highlighting the new process.
1. Clicking Launch from B3 Benchmarking home page will now direct users to the following login. Enter email address associated with B3 Benchmarking user account and click Next.
2. Enter password associated with B3 Benchmarking user account and click Next.
- If your existing password meets these requirements, you may continue using the same password you currently have and will not be prompted to change it.
- f your existing password does not meet the requirements above, you will be prompted to change it.
- If your B3 user account is a Microsoft or Google account, you may also log in clicking the respective "login with" link. You may also link your B3 account with a Microsoft or Google account, see Single Sign On note below under Managing B3 User Account.
- If you’ve forgotten your password, use the link in the lower left corner of the window. Enter the email address associated with your B3 account and click Send Email. You will get an email with a link that is valid for 15 minutes. Clicking the link will bring you to a window to set your password.
Managing B3 User Account
To access the Account page, log in and click on your name in the upper right corner next to the Welcome message. From here you can manage 3 key pieces of user data.
- Personal Information
- Login Information
- Email Alerts
Under Login Information, click Change Password/Security Questions to access the screen below.
B3 does allow Single Sign On, allowing users to link email accounts. For example, a user is in B3 with firstname.lastname@example.org wants to login with their personal Gmail account email@example.com. Click the Configure Single Sign Onto get linked. This will prompt you to select which type of account you’d like to link.
Since we don’t have new functionality to highlight this release, we are offering open office hours instead of a scheduled presentation. Feel free to join the B3 Team at one of the following sessions to ask any questions, have open discussion on all things B3 Benchmarking and provide feedback.
New to Benchmarking?
Contact us to get setup or provide an overview.